SPRING CLEANING – DE-CLUTTER YOUR LIFE
Written by Pearl Fils-Aime
Spring cleaning is the practice of thoroughly cleaning a house in the springtime.
How about the cleaning of your life?
Do you find that you have to de-clutter your life….now is the perfect time! The perfect time for peace and focus!
Here are some tips for Spring Cleaning your life.
1) Evaluate the people in your life – are they draining you of your energy? Or are they adding to your growth as an individual?
2) Evaluate what is most important to you – what do you want to accomplish during your time here on earth? What are you most passionate about? Once you have answered those questions, eliminate the things in your life, that do not support your vision. You have to make more time for the things that are important to you.
3) Reduce your commitments – often times we are pulled to the left and to the right, because we over commit. Say “no” to non-essential things. Write down your goals, and if what’s being asked is not aligned with your goals or growth, re-evaluate committing to the task.
4) Simplify your work area, and your home of clutter. Clutter can distract you and create chaos. Throw away or recycle things that you no longer use. Donate unwanted clothing. You don’t want messiness and a lack of organization to create stress in your life.
5) Create a list of the activities you want to accomplish before going to bed, or when walking up in the morning, and focus on those activities.
6) Exercise and eat right – Don’t clutter your life with health problems. There are many diseases that are preventable with the right diet and exercise.